Topic: Our Friend Dino's Passing...

....... We did have a post regarding this, but I, in my infinite STUPIDITY, managed to goof it up by going in and trying to edit the title. Not sure if it can be retrieved, but I have asked Doug if he'd be so kind as to repost the link to Dino's Legacy Site.

I apologize!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Our Friend Dino's Passing...

Here's that link:  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/v … =guestbook

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Doug & Bill
We will all be the poorer for not having Dino here.

The King Of Audio Torture

RIP DINO

out of tune out of key and out of touch

It won't be the same without Dino but he will be remembered for his posts and kind words RIP Dino

"Growing old is not for sissies"

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-04-26 06:47:20)

I am sure Dino packed plenty into those 68 years. A member of the Chordie family whose words were appreciated world wide.
Many a songwriter will be dedicating their next song to you.  RIP Dino

Dino will be sadly missed. RIP

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Dino embodied "positive reinforcement". His replies to my questions (and everyone else's) always showed a constructive attitude. Our world needs a LOT more people like him, and he'll certainly be missed here. Thanks to Bill & Doug for furnishing the legacy site link, so that tributes could be posted ... done! His family deserves to know how many lives he touched for the better.

9 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2017-04-26 11:47:15)

In my mind, this was always be Dino's Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2b0Xi84dYY

Opie (Dino's own nickname for me) smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

RIP, Dino.

R.I.P. Dino. We used to have a race to see who could wish each other happy birthday first. It won`t be the same now.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

So sorry to hear about Dino ............ he will missed ........  he was always such a great contributor in conversation on Chordie ...... RIP Dino.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Dino was a great member of Chordie.
He nearly always took the time to comment on posts of songs etc with encouraging words.
RIP Dino and thanks.

Never a discouraging word...  As a longtime and frequent contributor to our community, he really helped to set the tone of encouragement that Chordie is known for.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

This community is pretty special that it brings people like him together from all corners of the globe.

We are fortunate to have "met" Dino, and just as fortunate that Chordie brings the Dinos of the world together.

RIP Dino...   He loved the blues fix for sure...   he will be missed...

badeye....

one caper after another

Thanks Bill, for getting the info for me, and for this thread.  Thanks so much Doug for the link as well.  sad  He was a really nice guy.  We had some private chats via email a few times, he he truly cared for the people here.  Never was mean to anyone, always a kind word.  Even when he didn't know an answer, if he saw a thread ignored he'd post on it so people didn't feel like they were being ignored.  Despite his comments all the time that he couldn't sing, I still wish he'd have put a recording up... or could have made it to the East coast for one of the gatherings as he so badly wanted to join in on. 

RIP Vince.  You'll be missed here by your Chordie Family.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Thanks Bill, for getting the info for me, and for this thread.  Thanks so much Doug for the link as well.  sad  He was a really nice guy.  We had some private chats via email a few times, he he truly cared for the people here.  Never was mean to anyone, always a kind word.  Even when he didn't know an answer, if he saw a thread ignored he'd post on it so people didn't feel like they were being ignored.  Despite his comments all the time that he couldn't sing, I still wish he'd have put a recording up... or could have made it to the East coast for one of the gatherings as he so badly wanted to join in on. 

RIP Vince.  You'll be missed here by your Chordie Family.

RIP, Dino. Such a kind man he was.

Baldguitardude wrote:

This community is pretty special that it brings people like him together from all corners of the globe.

We are fortunate to have "met" Dino, and just as fortunate that Chordie brings the Dinos of the world together.

"Amen!" to that, BGD!

A  short Youtube tribute to Dino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Ks7FS … e=youtu.be

Nice Peatle   
true sincerity and a heartfelt message - spoke for all of us here on chordie.
Dino is listening and smiling upon you !
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Note left for you on YouTube, my friend, and I agree with Jim. God bless Dino!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Peatle Jville wrote:

very nice Peatle

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Peatle Jville wrote:

That was thoughtful.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dino was one of those people who could turn winters into a warmer time. I hope his family and those close to him get to experience some of what Dino meant to his Chordie friends.