Topic: Hi,from London

New guy here I hope this is in the correct section.Just thought I'd introduce myself.I live in n east London 59 and been
playing for badly for 40 odd years now.I'am bit of a Martin fan (3).I play anything acoustic and blues etc.Been out of
the bedroom lately and started to jam with some nice people and really enjoying it.Hope to be of help here and learn
a lot too.Cheers Dave.

Re: Hi,from London

Welcome to Chordie Rustneversleeps.  Often, folks introduce themselves in the Chat Corner section.  There's nothing wrong with putting it here in Acoustic since you're an acoustic player, but I'll move it over to Chat Corner for you so that more folks will see it. 

I look forward to reading your insights.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-03-09 20:18:27)

Welcome to Chordie, RNS ... and a warm welcome from Nova Scotia, Canada coming back at you.

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. It may not surprise you that good number of us are "north of 40", and playing guitar more as hobbyists than professionals. As a 3+ year member, I can heartily endorse the quality of comradeship here, and the high level of creative / technical support here in the Forums. We sincerely hope to hear from you regularly, and feel free to contribute poems / songs you've written, gear reviews / questions, milestone accomplishments, and anything else "musical" to the commonwealth of knowledge assembled here.

Glad you've joined us!

Gidday Dave
sounds like you would fit in well here,many of us are old buggers too.
hope you join in & comment.
welcome.

The King Of Audio Torture

5 (edited by rustneversleeps 2016-03-09 20:21:17)

I like the old bugger bit,I could get the hang of this !!!!!!!!

rustneversleeps wrote:

I like the old bugger bit,I could get the hang of this !!!!!!!!

Hi Dave!

I don't consider myself an "old bugger", but rather an 18 year old that has picked up an extra 48 years of experience.  I've been hanging out here on chordie for about 5-1/2 years (thanks to Zurf's suggestion) but lurked a while before that. Lots on interesting folks/stories/helpful suggestions. I've found that some members are a lot "gabbier", some a little more reserved in their comments but all are friendly and encouraging.

I've owned a couple Martins but currently just a 000-16srgt (rosewood/spruce/slothead), which is great for the singer/songwriter gigs I do locally.  What model Martins do you own/play?

Oh ya, welcome aboard!

DE (Ken)

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Thks Ed.my martins are M36,and 00015sm and 00028vs.which I find a good mix of woods and 12 and 14 fret.Mine you its
Taken a lifetime to get there.

Howdy RNS! Well I will add my  sentiments to the above, Glad to have you.  I think I would be considered one of the the "YOUNG ONES" (at a young age of 48 just this month).  I can defiantly attest to being musically the young at heart as my moniker explains.  With your name I am gonna go on a strech that your a big Neil Young fan.  I love cranking out NY, acoustic is great and just plug that puppy in and crank it and your still kicking butt! (as his RNS tour prooved smile )

So Cheers and keep visiting all the various areas in here, I have to look almost every day to say hello to my "virtual friends" as well as the ones I have met.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

A big hello from one Rustie to another. Been an admirer of his work from Buffalo Springfield days till now. Off to see him in Leeds in June. I'm also an old bugger (62), and also play guitar very badly.  Look forward to seeing you around.

Thick as two short planks

Welcome to Chordie!!

See, already you are beginning to feel right at home..... there is a fine bunch of folks (like you) hanging about the forums and I'm sure you will make friends quickly.  You might mention more specifically where you can be found on your weekend jams, we've plenty of members within reasonable distance of you that might drop in for a pint and few tunes.

Not advocating drinking and driving, you know, but we have visions of efficient public transport that doesn't feel adverse to musicians traveling with instruments (properly cased of course, as an an exposed instrument on public transport might cause some grief or concern).  wink  The view from this side of the pond may be blurry though.

Welcome aboard!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Welcome to Chordie RNS.  Lots of good advice and encouragement here, hope you stick around and have some fun with us.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

well you've been welcomed from the far, far watery west, so as a wester from nearer (see the flag?) a big welcome here too. i like that saying "north of 40" well i'm north of 60 and still gigging. if you're into jamming? a lot of our guys have filmed their jams, we'd be chuft to see some of yours.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi rusty
Nice to have another English South Easter with us. I hail from Essex. Also I'm another old duffer still making music.
Welcome to the old boys home of mostly retired guitar lovers.
ark

Hello again, Rusty ...

One of our Moderators (UncleJoesBand) has recently created a Google map, showing the rough geographic home of the Chordians who have taken part. It's at this link, so I hope you'll post a request there to be included:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28382

It's purely voluntary, and you don't need to be real specific ... whatever you're comfortable with. Cheers, mate!

arkady wrote:

Hi rusty
Nice to have another English South Easter with us. I hail from Essex. Also I'm another old duffer still making music.
Welcome to the old boys home of mostly retired guitar lovers.
ark

Thks,I can't be that far from you as I'am on the edge of London (Essex side).

Tenement Funster wrote:

Hello again, Rusty ...

One of our Moderators (UncleJoesBand) has recently created a Google map, showing the rough geographic home of the Chordians who have taken part. It's at this link, so I hope you'll post a request there to be included:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28382

It's purely voluntary, and you don't need to be real specific ... whatever you're comfortable with. Cheers, mate!

Just done it,cheers Dave.

Welcome to Chordie,,   great bunch here.....

badeye                  cool

one caper after another

RNS, welcome to chordie. The only thing that changes with age is your attitude about life,. It just get's better. Also, the groupies you get tend to have money of their own and enjoy  a good time. They may not have all their teeth, have blue hair and not be quite as perky as they used to be but they sure fun.

Nela

20 (edited by rustneversleeps 2016-03-12 19:43:09)

NELA wrote:

RNS, welcome to chordie. The only thing that changes with age is your attitude about life,. It just get's better. Also, the groupies you get tend to have money of their own and enjoy  a good time. They may not have all their teeth, have blue hair and not be quite as perky as they used to be but they sure fun.

Nela

You never stop learning smile

Welcome I had some wonderful times over in London when I lived out In Richmond Surrey for a few years before heading back home to New Zealand.

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6865.gif

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.